You know I have a girl crush on Natalie but she's been bumped down a spot because Ms. Anne Hathaway, I'm telling you it's the 8 looks she had for the night that are doing it, lol.
1. Red Carpet: Valentino, that is all I will say, it's beautiful.
2. I'm just in LOVE with this beautiful opening number Anne wore. It's by Givenchy Haute Couture by Riccardo Tisci the detail on this beautiful gown is impeccable. I love everything about it, when I first saw this dress on her, I drooled. she's so beautiful in it!
3. Anne wore this custom made Lanvin tux. She glams it up with sparkly fierce Brian Atwood shoes, small drop earrings, with a jeweled button closure, and her hair is so adorable!
4. Anne is wearing a beautiful strapless gown by Vivienne Westwood. With so much going on with the dress down at the bottom keeping the hair up was a good choice. Not only that but you can see the beautiful necklace that she is wearing and you're also able to see the dress more. If her hair was down, it would be too much. Although, the necklace isn't necessarily needed for this dress, it gives it some color, and it is a small necklace, nothing overpowering.
5. This dress is so much fun! It's an Oscar de la Renta one shoulder fringe gown. The fringe totally reminds me of the 20s but then again anything with fringe does, lol, and she couldn't help but shake, rattle, and roll in it.
6. There was so much electricity that ran through that dress the night of the Oscars. Anne is wearing a beautiful Armani Prive cobalt off the shoulder gown. Beautiful. I love seeing the risks that Ms. Hathaway has done especially with the colors.
7. Anne wore this dress onstage and also at the Vanity Fair party. It's an Atelier Versace burgundy strapless gown. The intricate detailing in this dress is BEAUTIFUL.
8. For the closing number, Anne wore Tom Ford. High neck, long sleeve, floor length, Anne showed how to be sexy covered up, from head to toe.
Now we can bring on Natalie, my girl crush. She looked very relaxed in this beautiful Rodarte plum colored gown. Her hair was in soft curls, Jimmy Choo shoes, and yet again Tiffany jewels, with a Roger Vivier clutch. This dress beautifully flows over her ever growing baby bump. Her "glow" completes the winning look that goes with her Oscar, beautiful as always,
Oh Halle! She hardly ever disappoints, and this dress shows why. She's wearing a beautiful sparkly nude Marchesa gown. She looks fabulous here, and she keeps her famous pixie coif and accessories to a minimum., giving more focus to this beautiful dress.
I had to do a double take when I saw Mandy Moore. I didn't even recognize her! She looks amazing! It's so beautiful, there are just not enough words to describe it. One of my favorites from Monique Lhuillier.
My other girl crush, Reese Witherspoon is totally rockin' the 1960s retro trend, wearing a beautiful classic, Armani Prive black and white gown. She's even rockin' the Bridget Bardot ponytail, and in addition to the beautiful rock she has, she's wearing Neil Lane Diamonds, and satin Roger Vivier heels. She's another one that rarely fails when it comes to fashion.
Marchesa makes another appearance, this time on 14-year old "True Grit" actress, Hailee Steinfeld. Hailee and Marchesa collaborated in creating, her ballet pink hand-embroidered tulle tea-length dress. She accessorized her elaborate updo with a platinum headband by Fred Leighton. that had 10 carat diamonds.. Her bag and shoes are both Ferragamo. She just looks so adorable, and everything works for her.Gwyneth Paltrow rocked a high-octane, low-cut platinum sheath from Calvin Klein Collection with matching Brian Atwood ankle-strap heels and a Louis Vuitton brooch, ring and earrings.
Two time Oscar winner, Hilary Swank wore a Gucci Première couture strapless gown and matching Gucci crystal-encrusted heels. Her dress reminds me of Halle Berry, but they both look fabulous in their dresses. This gown has metallic crystals, with ostrich feathers dyed in different shades of gray. She completed the look by wearing Anna Hu jewelry. Yet again, Roger Vivier makes an appearance, Hilary's satin clutch, is by the designer, completing the look.
Oh Celine. How I love this woman and the dress and beautiful necklace too. lol. My girl is wearing a long sleeved Armani Prive dress and Van Cleef & Arpels jewels. She's done this before wearing a simple dress with a beautiful necklace. Celine wore a beautiful long sleeve high neck blue gown at the 1998 Oscars wearing the famous "Heart of the Ocean" necklace. She does it again with her 7thth appearance at the Oscars.