Wednesday, March 2, 2011

31 Days of Selena Day 2

Day 2 March 2



I absolutely LOVE this outfit, and in case for you that don't know. When she made this bustier in 1992 was supposed to be completely covered, but she was ran out of jewels! I actually like it better this way, and it's become one of her most famous bustiers. She purposely wore high-waisted pants as you can see from in the pictures, to make the illusion of small hips, and of course she always wore black because it was a slimming color and it was her favorite color and purple as well. Which brings me to my next point that Selena wasn't trying to be sexy yet cool, hip, and fashionable. I mean she's pratically covered, she isn't wearing a push up bra, and her pants almost cover her midriff and I can count on hand how many time she had her belly button showing. She dressed for her, and it worked well, and keeping with the time. Her music, fashion, and dance influence came from four women; Janet Jackson, Gloria Estefan, Paula Abdul, and Madonna, and of course that touch of Selena, help create the "Selena" look. Work it girl!

1 comment: