Monday, July 11, 2011

10 Best Looks from Kate North American/Canadian Tour

Okay so the Royals are probably still in the air, just arriving, or conked out on the bed fast asleep. And for me to report on all of Kate's look would be draining for me, because I do have a life outside of the Royal stalking er, following. lol. But I will give my 10cents, yes 10, the one cent per look that I love from the lovely Princess Kate.



So 1st look up is the GORGEOUS dress she wore, from Alexander McQueen's designer, Sarah Burton, who designed her ever so princess wedding dress and her sister's too. The beautiful lilac color on her...wonderful, the shoes...yes I did have a shoegasm, because really? If I were there, I would've totally shoenapped her. I mean those are fierce! I love how her hair was curly at the end, and yes I am being biased, but she was the best dressed there! Sorry J.Lo but that dress wasn't "cut"tin for me.

*I will go a bit off topic with J.Lo though, she was going for the cut out peakaboo look that she wore in 98 to the Golden Globe Awards, but that worked back then it isn't working now, Pucci should be ashamed of himself. It just looked so off, and anyone knows me, knows that I LOVE Jennifer Lopez, but she looked like she was trying too hard, and especially since everyone was wearing red carpet gowns, and it was like the Oscars, and here comes Jennifer, dressed up like the sexy diva she is. I've seen her wear beautiful gowns, when she's the "glam Jennifer" I just don't know why she went with that.

1998

2011

Okay now back to the lovely Kate:-)


2. Now I know she wore this dress for her engagement picture back in November, but the way she styled it, made it look brand new I LOVE this! She's wearing a beautiful white Reiss dress (retail at $310.00 which isn't bad seeing how famous it is :-)) The beautiful diamond broach of course, a borrowed item from her the Queen, the hat is adorable with the maple leaf, which is part of Canada's flag, and the red shoes and clutch fabulous. I think this is the only time she upstaged her husband.


3. I love this dress it's a Roksanda Illlinic dress, simple, yet elegant, subtle, yet classic. Kate does it again, she looks so relax despite just getting off a plane from Canada to California. How does she do it?


4. She does wear color! Ha! Kate must have heard the cries of loyal fans, when they wanted her to wear more colors, and some wanted her to dress her age although, I think she's been doing that, considering her position, she can't be a hip trendy fashionista. This beautiful jade green "Maja" dress worn by one of my favorite designers, Diane Von Frustenberg, works beautifully against her skin and curls. 


5. Oh she looks like a doll in this 1950s inspired Jenny Packham dress, and anyone that knows me knows, that I love anything 50s. She nails it, and she carries her "Marilyn Monroe" moment so swell. The wind, was challenging for the skirt of the dress, but Kate handled with grace.


6. Sarah Burton yet again! I LOVE IT! 1920s inspired long sleeve cream and navy colored dress. Seriously where can I get this because it's a must have for my closet!

7. I'm loving this simple, casual, chi look. She's wearing a navy blue Smythe blazer cream ruffled top, J Brand twill skinny pants, Linda Camm belt, and her favorite Pied a Terre wedges. I will admit although I'm not a wedge girl, but Kate is making me want to go on a wedge shoe spree! 

8. Kate is wearing a BEAUTIFUL colbalt blue "Jacquenta" dress by designer Erdem. Oh how pretty this is on her, and her curls! Very 1940s! I have a feeling blue is her favorite color :-)

9. I love this pretty color on her, it's from her favorite designer, Issa. I give props for her doing something different with her hair, but it does make her look a lot older. But it is a nice change.



10. I'm not a huge fan of this dress, mainly because of the color but I do like the collar, it's cute. She's wearing Catherine Walker, Princess Diana's friend and designer. The shoes are on point and I give props to anyone wearing heels in the grass. Her hair as usual, flawless. So those are my 10cents. I can't wait to see what she wears next!

No comments:

Post a Comment