Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Eyebrows: Threading vs. Waxing

Thread                                                                                    Wax




To thread or not to thread? To wax or not to wax? The choice is yours. Since moving to California I've been through the painful task of looking for someone to do my eyebrows, the first place I went to was a bomb, but then I heard about eyebrow threading.  Eyebrow threading is an ancient technique originated in India. It is AMAZING! Here I throw my two cents in on this "pain is beauty" thing.

So the first place I went to was, The Tread Bar, in Los Angeles, the first bad thing, I wore eyeliner and mascara (unless it's waterproof!), which you NEVER do, the second bad thing was that it was 30 minutes away. Gas+30minutes+Traffic+L.A.=Ain't happenin' again! So I found another place, which is awesome called Vinita's Beauty & Threading Studio, which is about 15minutes away from me, no traffic, which equals to a happy customer! :-)

Threading is quick, and for me, my eyebrows grow back slower, A LOT slower. Waxing on the other hand takes time, at least 20minutes as opposed to threading which takes about 10. Waxing leaves your skin irritated if not done right. Your eyebrow area, is red, swollen, or sensitive, you might have an allergic reactions to the wax or it might not be sensitive enough. One horror story is that one woman had her eye lashes waxed off. Seriously? And then there's the tweezing afterwards, not to mention waxing takes off the elasticity of your skin making it wrinkle in the long run.

Threading, again, quick and no worries. I will admit though the first run or the first few runs, for some, and for me, it hurt, especially right underneath the eyebrow, Holy Mary and Joseph was I crying! But I'm used to it, it does still hurt I would say on a scale from 1-10 about a 6, but not as painfully as it did the first few rounds. It's done with 100% cotton thread, and there's no tweezing! A lot of celebrities use it too, Eva Longoria is one of them. And the other downside is you have to hold your stretch your skin.
That means, no eyeshadow, or if there is, make sure you use that eye primer! Which is a friend to all fashionistas and any woman wearing eye shadow. It's also a REAL good idea to go to women that are from the Middle East or India since they do know what they're doing, and it originated from there, makes sense right? So like I said the choice is yours, to thread or not to thread?

Ouch! The bad side of waxing

2 comments:

  1. I agree with all of this except the part where you say go to women that are from the middle east or India, that is not cool since I myself can thread and I am great at it and I am not from either of those places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvelous, that blog are exceptionally useful about cosmetics, design. On the off chance that anyone need to enhance magnificence then you can visit us once Eyebrow Threading near me Kensington. .

    ReplyDelete